Train Safety Tips
• Please obey all warning signs and traffic signals when crossing the tracks.
• Always look both ways before crossing any street.
• Never walk on railroad tracks.
• Watch for trains from both directions.
• Use the crosswalks. Do not jaywalk across the tracks.
Current Construction Activity
Construction of Phase 1 of the Expo Line is complete. To obtain the Expo Line Phase 1 timetable information, please visit the following link: http://www.metro.net/around/maps
Major construction on Phase 2 of the Expo Line started summer 2012. Here is an overview of the current construction activities:
• Construction of the Venice, National/Palms, Sepulveda, Pico, Bundy, and Olympic/Cloverfield bridges
• Guideway Grading and Excavation on Expo ROW
• Soundwall and Retaining Wall Construction
• Construction of the Overhead Catenary System Pole Foundations
• Construction of the Sepulveda Parking Structure
• Underground and Overhead utility work activities are ongoing in Los Angeles and Santa Monica
Construction has been planned to minimize disruption, and measures are taken to safely direct drivers and pedestrians around construction zones. Pedestrians, cyclists and motorists can protect themselves and Expo Line construction workers from danger by using caution and remembering the following:
- Obey signs and flaggers
- Do not enter work zones
- Do not play on or with equipment
- Use designated crosswalks
- Pay attention to the road
- Be prepared for unusual driving conditions